Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why Am I So Strange?

I hate making people feel bad. I mean I suppose all decent human beings do, but I sometimes feel like I am irrational about it.
For example, I will be walking with a friend somewhere like in a store and I will get hit by some clothes rack that was sticking out too far. Then my friend will feel bad because I got hurt and he/she wasn't paying attention, and then I feel bad because they feel bad; like I should never have gotten hurt. It gets even worse depending on just how bad the friend feels and how much I judge it is not their falt.
One time one of my profs brought some treats in to class for her students to enjoy and I mistakenly ate one with nuts. I had to go to the nurse to get benadryl, but that's as far as I ever got. To this day she still brings up how she almost killed me. And even though it is kind of a joke, it is partly serious because we really want to make sure that does not happen again.
And of course, dying though I could have been, I still wanted to cry inside for eating the nuts and making my prof feel bad and dampening everyone's mood, as if I had done it on purpose. See how strange I am? I don't think that is normal!
Also I don't understand why I constantly see the need to point out when things are not normal about me, I know I am not normal and I should stop trying to prove it to myself. ha!
Ok, so there it is. To all of you reading this whom I have made feel bad by getting hurt or sick, I am sorry! I feel terrible! Please except my inner tears and let's keep being friends and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to read what you have to say.