Monday, April 18, 2011

Internetting

Things I should probably go do, or be doing now;

  1. getting out, or at least off of my bed

  2. filling out more job aplications

  3. finishing my newist story project

  4. laundry

  5. cleaning and organizing some of my random stuff
But instead I've been blog walking. Sadly I didn't find anything interesting to follow today. Sorry, I don't mean to say that the blogs I came across weren't interesting at all, they just weren't what I was looking for. At one point I hit about 20 or so in other languages, which is when I decided to stop for the day. So clearly I did not explode lastnight, but I didn't actually sleep right away either. O well, I'm still so excited about fixing up my blog. It certainly takes up time which for now is good because at least I am doing something that might one day prove beneficial to my work. Lest you think I am a lazy slob with minimal tallent and no ambition in life however, I have managed to do a few productive things today. I know it isn't exactly true that cleaning will make will make a person happy, but for me it goes a long way toward motivating me to be productive. I have a bunch of clothes that I can't really do anything with because they need to be hung up and I need to go buy hangers so for now I keep them on the end of my bed. I know, nice right? That way they could fall off and get dirty and or wrinkly. I've been meaning to do something about this like fined a better temp place for them or actually go out and get hangers, but roomy's cat has been using them as a kind of nest, and I have been using him as an excuse not to touch them. He is so happy curled up on my clothes, who am I to disturb him? So today I decided that I needed to go through them and find out which ones need to be bagged for laundry and which ones I just need hangers for. Then I cleaned the floor. I love making surfaces smooth and free of dust and dirt particles and especially stickiness! This kind of makes me sound like a neat freak, but I am not. I really just need things to be in some semblance of order, both for practical reasons and because it feels good to have clenliness. I have been known to let things go for awhile before it drives me nuts and I have to clean clean clean! So anyway, fixing my bed and surrounding area made me think of how much I want a headboard. Yes, someday soon I want a headboard and lots and lots of pillows! Then I can prop myself up when I write or something. Since I sometimes like to get writing done before I go to bed, It makes sense to me to be in bed when I write. Unfortunately I have very undisciplined posture though and with out a headboard I am not comfortable doing much other than laying in strange positions. At some point I ate food, and later I plan on doing laundry and writing some more. And this, my friends and followers, has been my Monday. So now I think I'm gonna go google random stuff and see what comes up. =D

2 comments:

Always happy to read what you have to say.