Monday, May 23, 2011

Of Shoes and Shopping

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I am one of the pickiest shoppers you will ever meet. I have no desire to follow the latest fashion, nor do I like much of what is even out there for fashion. It's just that I invision whatever it is that I want and almost nothing ever comes close. *sigh* At one point, E and I decided that I should just become a seamstress and be done with it. I can sew, I just don't know how to use a sewing machine--not yet anyway.
So I have a pare of white sandelsz that I love. When summer comes around, I wear them every day and my sneakers basically go in to summer hibernation. I even where these sandels to church and sometimes in the rain if it is not too too bad. But This summer I am afraid that I will not be able to wear my beloved white sandels. I've had them for some time now and they are very very warn and the bottoms should start coming off any time. So basically I need new sandles. So with out further ado, I present, a story of shoe shopping.
This weekend E and I went to find another pare of sandels that I could wear to death and for a few years. I guess that is part of why I am so picky, because I don't have the money to shoe shop that often. So I need sandles that I will love and that will last awhile. But first, here are my requirements.
  • slip on is prefered, though not required

  • open-toed

  • I am not a fan of thongs

  • I don't like leather

  • I don't like black or brown

  • I don't want any kind of heael

  • I would like some elivation to my sandels, not because I am short, but because if I am going to wear open toed shoes, I'd like to be not so close to the ground

Sounds simple right? ... have you seen shoes lately? So basically, everything I don't want is what's out there. And on top of that, a lot of what I don't want is what makes a sandel. How I found the perfect pare the last time I'll never know.
So E and I visited probably five or six different stores and found nothing. It was dress pants shopping all over again! Although actually we almost did find one pare, but in the end I decided that I wasn't in love with them. Guess I should learn to make shoes too huh?
So I bought coffee. Yup, I couldn't find shoes or chocolate-covered coffee beans--yes I have been looking for those for some time now--so I got coffee instead. The quest continues!
Oh, and in other news? Eddie and I are learning
this
song, among others. There may be another Eddie link for you soon. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to read what you have to say.